Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Year with Elizabeth Zimmerman

I joined a Yahoo Group last week called Elizabeths_Year. Starting July 1st (or as close as possible), we will all be knitting a project each month from the book Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac.

Because we are starting into this in the middle of the year, our first project will be the Pi Shawl. I am hoping I will be able to start on time as my yarn for this project is on a truck somewhere between Ohio and Texas. There is also a concern that I may not have ordered enough yarn. I ordered 4 skeins but it seems an awful lot of the women are ordering 5 or even 6 skeins.

Now anyone who knows me will understand that I cannot simply go back and order 1 or 2 skeins of yarn to make sure I have enough. If I am going to take the time and effort to go to Knit-Picks' website and place an order, I will get more stuff to make it worth while. Yes, there are a few more needles I need from them to complete my collection... and they DO have some of the nicest sock yarn I have handled.... BUT I am supposed to be consolidating the stuff in the house not adding to it.....

For that matter, I am supposed to be packing up the house for the move, not knitting. Of course if the yarn is already knit up it's easier to pack....
Needless to say we never heard anything from Denver yesterday. I am half expecting it to be tomorrow when they contact Kathy again. Thursdays seem to be their day to talk to her.

No comments: